|Hsi-Tien, Wu Ph.D.
Laboratory of Animal Molecular Genetics
Department of BioAgricultural Science
National ChiaYi University
2004, Ph.D. Animal Science, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
1991, M.S. Animal Science, National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
Chairman of Department of BioAgricultural Science, National ChiaYi University
Associate professor in Department of BioAgricultural Science, National ChiaYi University
Assistant professor in Department of BioAgricultural Science (former: Department of Intensive Agriculture), National ChiaYi University
Assistant researcher, superintendent in transgenic core facility and vice- superintendent in research group of National Laboratory Animal Center, National Applied Research Laboratories
Research title: Molecular Genetics of Laboratory Animal (mice/rats).
Research techniques: Laboratory animal breeding, genetic monitoring, transgenic research, embryo cryopreservation, stem cell culture.
1. Molecular Biology
2. Embryo/Sperm Cryopreservation
Mouse embryo/sperm cryopreservation, IVF, ICSI
3. Transgenic Research
Transgenic mouse, stem cell research, nuclear transplantation
4. Laboratory Animal Science
Laboratory animal genetics/breeding/management
2014/8- 2017/7, National Science Council research project
Studying the pathophysiologic mechanisms of renin-angiotensin system in liver fibrosis using Ace 2 knockout mouse model
2008/8- 2011/7, National Science Council research project
Studies of metalloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) promoter gene regulation and arrangement of transgenic mouse animal model carried MMP-9 promoter gene for drugs screening of traumatic cardiovascular diseases
2007/8- 2008/7, National Science Council research project
Studies of drugs screening and gene functions monitoring on cardiovascular diseases by transgenic mouse model with matrix metalloproteinase 9 promoter gene
2006/8- 2007/7, National Science Council research project
Studies of drug screening and gene functions monitoring on cardiovascular diseases by transgenic mouse model (II): Cloning and characterization of human and murine matrix metalloproteinase 9 gene promoter
2005/8- 2006/7, National Science Council research project
Studies of three-dimensionally heart model by transgenic mouse for drug screening and gene functions monitoring on cardiovascular diseases (I): Generation of green fluorescent protein gene Pgk-1/GFP transgenic mice and establishment of discontinuous fluorescent heart atlas layout
2004/09-2005/08, National Laboratory Animal Center research project
Cryopreservation of germ cell (embryo/sperm) of Inbred Strain Foundation Colony (I).
2003/08-2004/12, National Laboratory Animal Center research project
Recovery of Inbred Strain Colony by Embryo Rederivation.
2004/01-2004/12, National Laboratory Animal Center research project
Inbreeding and Cryopreservation of Human Serum Albumin (HSA) Transgenic Mice.
2003/01-2003/06, National Laboratory Animal Center research project
Setup of Cryopreservation System of Inbreed Strain Mice.
2001/09-2002/8, National Science Council research project
Establishment of National Gene Manipulating Service Center.
- Chung-Shen Wu, Wei-Tin Kuo, Chia-Yu Chang, Jun-Yi Kuo, Yi-Ting Tsai, Su-May Yu, Hsi-Ten Wu, Peng-Wen Chen. 2014. The modified rice αAmy8 promoter confers high-level foreign gene expression in a novel hypoxia-inducible expression system in transgenic rice seedlings. Plant Molecular Biology. 85:147-161. (SCI)
- Cheng-Chung Lin, Hsi-Tien Wu. 2014. Review of the Electroporation Lysis Techniques of Cell. Hsin Hsin Quarterly. 42(1):86-97. (in Chinese)
- Kai-Jie Yang, Siao-Cian Pan, Yu-Chia Liu, Wei-Ting Lai, and Hsi-Tien Wu. 2013. Establishing a technique for identifying the transgene integration site in mice. Journal of the Agricultural Association of Taiwan. 14(1): 66-85.(in Chinese)
- Hsi Tien Wu, Syu Sheng Sie, Tang Ching Kuan, Chih Sheng Lin. 2013. Identifying the Regulative Role of NF-kB Binding Sites within Promoter Region of Human Matrix Metalloproteinase 9 (mmp-9) by TNF-α Induction. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 169 (2):438-449. (SCI)
- Hui-Shuang Yeh, Ching-Yuan Chen, Yung-Tsai Huang, and Hsi-Tien Wu. 2012. Antioxidant Effect of Vitamin C on Cardiomyoblast H9c2(2-1). Journal of the Agricultural Association of Taiwan. 13:191-203. (in Chinese)
- Cheng-Han Huang, Yi-Ming Huang, Yung-Sheng Tseng, Wei-Chi Lee, Jui-Te Wu , Zhi-Jia Zheng, and Hsi-Tien Wu. 2011. Heart dysfunction and fibrosis in rat treated with myocardial ischemia and reperfusion. African Journal of Biotechnology 10: 16387-16392. (SCI)
- Y.C. Liu, W.Y. Lin, Y.R. Jhang, S.H. Huang, C.P. Wu, and H.T. Wu. 2011. Efficiency of DNA transfection of rat heart myoblast H9c2(2-1) cells by either polyethyleneimine or electroporation. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 164: 1172-1182. (SCI)
- Wu, H. T., C. K. Chou, Y. C. Hung, and C. K. Yu. 2010. Allotransplantation of Transgenic Mouse Ovaries Expressing Enhanced Green Fluorescent Protein under the Control of the Murine Phosphoglycerate Kinase 1 Promoter. Reproduction in Domestic Animals. 45: 900–906. (SCI)
- Pan, H. C., H. T. Wu, F. C. Cheng, C. H. Chen, M. L. Sheu, and C. J. Chen. 2009. Potentiation of angiogenesis and regeneration by G-CSF after sciatic nerve crush injury. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 382:177-182. (SCI)
- Wu, H. T., C. K. Chou, and M. C. Huang. 2004. Expression of human serum albumin in milk of transgenic mice using goat -casein/human serum albumin fusion gene. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 17: 743-749. (SCI)
- Wu, H. T., C. K. Chou, C. S. Lin, and M. C. Huang. 2003. Effects of glucose concentration on in vitro fertilization in BALB/c mice. Reproduction in Domestic Animals. 38: 470–474. (SCI)
- Wu, H. T., C. S., Lin and M. C., Huang. 2003. In vitro and ex vivo green fluorescent protein expression in alveolar mammary epithelial cells and mammary glands driven by the distal 5’ regulative sequence and intron 1 of goat -casein gene. Reproduction, Fertility and Development. 15:231-239. (SCI)
- Lin, C. S., C. Y. Liu, H. T. Wu, Y. L. Sun, L. C. Chang, N. T. Yen, P. C. Yang, M. C. Huang and S. J. T. Mao. 1998. SSCP analysis in the D-loop region of porcine mitochondrial DNA as confirmed by sequence diversity. Journal of Animal Breeding and Genetics.115:73-78. (SCI)
- Lin, C. S., H. T. Wu, C. Y. Liu, Y. L. Sun, L. C. Chang, C. C. Hong, P. C. Yang, S. J. Y. Mao and M. C. Huang. 1997. Amplifying the D-loop Region of Mitochondrial DNA from Whole Blood and Embryonic Cells of Mammalian Animals. Journal of the Agricultural Association of China. 180:80-91. (in Chinese)
- Hsi-Tien Wu and Mu-Chiou Huang. 1996. Observation of Electroporated Rooster Spermatozoa by Scanning Electron Microscopy. Journal of the Agricultural Association of China. 173:130-139. (in Chinese)
- H. T. Wu, M. C. Huang. 1995. Effects of electroporation on quality of rooster semen. Asian-Aust. J. Anim. Sci. 8:175-179. (SCI)
- Chich-Sheng Lin, Chang-Yeu Liu, and Hsi-Tien Wu. 1995. Isolation of mitochondrial DNA from the visceral organs and muscle tissue of pig by sucrose gradient centrifugation. Journal of the Chinese Society of Animal Science. 24:125-138. (in Chinese)
- Wu, H. T. & M. C. Huang, 1992, A review of development of transgenic animal, Scientific Agriculture, 40:231-234. (in Chinese)
- Wu, H. T., & M. C. Huang, 1991, Retroviral rectors for gene transfer in chicken. Scientific Agriculture, 39:128-135. (in Chinese)
- Wu, H. T. & M. C. Huang, 1991, Theory and effects of electroporation for gene transfer. Scientific Agriculture 39:256-264. (in Chinese)