This division aims to provide the sophisticated maintenance of backbone network among the Lantan major campus and the other two branch campuses. In addition to the complete campus network management of dormitory network, dial-up network system, and diverse servers are also the specific services of this division. The mission of the Information Network Division is to plan, build, manage, and maintain the campus network. Apart from supporting the University in building a full-scale information network, the division also actively provides technical consultation and services including DNS, web proxy, ftp, BBS, net news, dial-up connections, ADSL, and wireless networks etc.
- Plan for campus network environment to support teaching, research, and administration.
- Provide WWW network system and related services for faculty, staffs, and students.
- Integrate the campus network and telecommunication network of the University.
- Establish the campus Gigabit backbone network.
- Upgrade NCYU campus and dormitory networks to broadband capacity, its propagation and bandwidth management.
- Build the auto-monitored and management system for NCYU network and related service systems, analyze and report in detail the volume of network and system usage.
- Establish proxy, DNS server for all the units of the University; and the server system for managing IP addresses of the whole University.
- Support key information activities and the basic construction of computerizing University administration.
- Provide support services of NCYU Bulletin Board System (BBS).