The main commission of this division is to provide the service of E-Learning, including the on-line distance learning and off-line E-Learning. Distance Learning Division mainly provides faculties and students with the support services in teaching and learning, based on the theoretically combined concepts and ideas of Instructional Design and Learning Technology. Our goals are specifically to provide support in web-based instruction design and development, to construct learner-centered learning environments, and to improve the quality of interaction between instructors and students, in the hope of enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of instruction and facilitating students to develop life-long learning.
This division is located in the Mingsuin campus. Therefore, it also manages the computer classrooms in the Mingsuin campus. It also provides the instant service of Internet networks for the Mingsuin campus.
- Offer computer application courses with certification.
- Produce multimedia instructional materials and evaluate the efficiency of instruction and materials.
- Support faculties for professional development through e-learning workshops, conferences, seminars, and publications.
- Research and develop learning technologies for Internet instruction.
- Provide consultation, assistance and facilities for multimedia materials production.
- Support and maintain streaming media services.
- Support and maintain synchronous distance learning classroom and facilities.