【Center For Teaching and Learning Development】
Mission and Objectives
With the popularization and marketization of Higher Education, the whole society emphasizes the teaching quality on the increase with time. In order to enhance the professional knowledge of the faculty, teaching technology and the learning effect of students, National Chiayi University established the Center for Teaching and Learning Development (CTLD) in August, 2006. In the year of 2009, the center is formally promoted to a school affiliated administration unit.
The Center for Teaching and Learning Development (CTLD) comprises two divisions,
Division of Professional Teaching Development and Division of Educational Technology and Learning Consulting. The Director, who also serves as the Dean of Academic Affairs, takes charge of the general affairs of center. The main objectives of CTLD are following:
1. Conduct seminars or workshops of teaching knowledge to promote the professional abilities of the faculty in NCYU.
2. Conduct Newly-employed Teacher Workshops to assist teachers’ career development.
3. Administer teacher evaluation and consultation to promote teachers’ teaching efficacy.
4. Implement the Teaching Assistant (TA) training and consulting affairs.
5. Expand learning technologies and provide relevant activities.
6. Implement Fundamental Subject Unified Exam, learning consulting and other activities regarding effective learning.