In case of book loss or damage, a fine should be paid within borrow period at the library. Fines are paid through one of the ways below.
In case of book overdue book, book overdue charge should be rendered in addition to the book loss and replacement fine.
- Loss and damage of hardbound books should not be replaced with softbound books and new version book should not be replaced with old version books.
- Replacements should be completely identical with original books.
- In case books of the same version can not be purchased, new version replacement is accepted. However, for books violating copyright, replacement is not accepted. In case books are in series, only the book lost is replaced. If not, the book series should be replaced. The charged party assumes no right for the book series in part or in full.
- For book enclosures that are not part of the book data, the version for public viewing should be replaced.
- For those who fail to replace books, purchase orders should be taken to the library for processing of fines. For those who fail to pay fines within 3 months, book overdue charges are imposed. Calculations are based on the duration of overdue.
- Double of the purchase price paid in cash. (basic price x 45 × 2) For publications from Mainland China, charges are double of the purchase price.
- For book purchase prices that can not be determined or for donated books, charges are: $10/page for books from Mainland China or books in western languages. Charges for books in Chinese are $3/page.
- For book enclosures that are not part of the book, charges are double of the purchase price.
- For book series prices that can not be computed separately, charges are based on computations after price index conversion. In case purchase price can not be determined or in case they are donated books, charges are based on paragraph 2, subsection 2, Article 3. The charged party assumes no right for the book series in part or in full.