1. What is Work Permit？
If a foreign student wishes to work in Taiwan（in or off campus）,they have to apply for permission first, this is according to article 68 in Employment Services Act. If one is employed without obtaining a legal work permit first, they would be fined more than 30000NT dollars and may lose their residence status and have to leave the country. Also, according to article 63 in Employment Services Act, the employer who hires a foreigner without legal working permission would be fined 150000 to 750000 NT dollars.
2. How to apply for work permit?
(1) Official Application Form (This form has two versions, Chinese and English, and that in the event of any discrepancy, the Chinese version shall prevail. If you want to apply for it, please fill in the official application form. If you want to know more details in English, please check here)
(2) A photocopy of Student ID card (Double Check whether it has been stamped for this semester and affixed to the application form)
(3) School report of full-year language course(s) (the students who study in language center needs to provide it)
(4) Original postal remittance receipt for examination fee (NT $100 per person). Applicant may pay either by postal remittance through the account of Workforce Development Agency (Account Number: 19058848) or to the WDA’s cashier counter in person.
(5) A photocopy of passport and a photocopy of Alien Residency Certificate of the front and back.
(6) In addition to the above 5 items, the applicant shall provide pertinent proof of documentation on one of the following categories. Those who have exceptional competence in a foreign language and plan to work as a teacher on a part-time basis at the college/ university affiliated language center or foreign education institute affiliated language center in Taiwan during his or her study in Taiwan, after obtaining permission from the Ministry of Education, can submit a photocopy of the said permission letter in lieu of the proof of documentation stated above.
(a) Attesting that a student is unable to continue whose study or living expenses, and cable to provide tangible proof.
(b) Attesting that the teaching and search unit that the student studies in is in need of having foreign students to participate in the work.
(c) Attesting that it is relevant to the subject program the student studies to require internship outside of the school.
(d) Attesting that a foreign student who is studying for master degree enroll in a graduate institute and have been approved by the school in which the said foreign workers enroll to conduct relevant researching work.
And here’s the form: NCYU International Student Application for Work Permit
1. After filling in the form, preparing the other documents and stamping, a student can mail the application themselves. OIA also post work permit applications for students every month on the 15th.
2. Applications also can be sent by registered mail：
To: Workforce Development Agency, Application of Work Permit for Foreign Students, Overseas Chinese Students and Ethnic Chinese Students.
Add: Fl. 10, No. 39, Chung-Hwa Rd. Sec. 1, Taipei City, 10042