陳 瑞 彰
美國德州農工大學(Texas A&M University)生化暨遺傳博士
四、連絡方式（Tel or e-mail)：
五、研究方向：One of my research plans is to study the etiology of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and to search for effective medication for the disease. SMA is an autosomal recessive genetic disease affecting motor neuron integrity. The motor neurons influence the voluntary muscles that are used for activities such as crawling, walking, and head and neck control etc. Individuals with SMA generally do not have a functional SMN1 (survival motor neuron 1) gene that produces SMN protein required for functional motor neurons. It is estimated that approximately 50 infants are the victims of SMA annually in Taiwan. However, there is no an effective drug to cure or postpone the onset of the disease. One of my research projects is to screen drugs or chemicals that are capable of altering the splicing pattern of SMN1 gene, the isoform of its products playing a critical role on the severity of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA).
The other long-term objective of my research is to understand the mechanisms involved in protein sorting at sites in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) membrane. One of my current works is to identify and characterize the mechanisms that accomplish and regulate the co-translational translocation and integration of proteins on ER. We utilize a chemical procedure for attaching a probe to the amino group on the lysine side-chain of Lys-tRNA. The fluororecent aa-tRNA analog was incorporated into newly synthesized peptide during in vitro translation, therefore provided a unique mechanism for inserting probes into the nascent chain of proteins. Several fluorescence characteristics and techniques such as fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET), collisional quenching, fluorescence life-time, anisotropy (or polarity), and the sensitivity of fluorescence intensity to its environment are all used in this study.
六、期刊著作：校務系統研究成果1. Hamman, B. D., Chen, J.-C., Johnson, E. E., and Johnson, A. E. (1997). The Aqueous Pore Through the Translocon Has a Diameter of 40-60 A during Cotranslational Protein Translocation at the ER Membrane, Cell 89, 535-544.
2. Li, L.-A., Chiang, E., F.-L., Chen, J.-C., Hsu, N.-C., Chen, Y.-C., and Chung, B.-c. (1999). Function of steroidogenic Factor 1 Domains in Nuclear Localization, Transactivation, and Interaction with Transcription Factor TFIIB and c-Jun, Molecular Endocrinology 13, 1588-1598.
3. Johnson, A. E, Chen, J,-C, Flanagan, J. J, Miao, Y, Shao, Y, Lin, J, and Bock, P. E. (2001). Structure, Function, and Regulation of Free and Membrane-bound Ribosomes: The View from their Substrates and Products. Cold Spring Harbor Symposia on Quantitative Biology 66, 531-541.
4. Hou, M.-F., Chen, S.-T., Chen, J.-C., Yen, K.-T., Lee, T.-P., Chen, C.-M., Shih, M.-C., and Chang, J.-G. (2002) The correlation between CpG methylation and protein expression of P16 in oral squamous cell carcinomas. Int. J. Mol. Med. 10, 551-4.
5. Yeh, K.-T., Shih, M.-C., Lin, T.-H., Chen, J.-C., Chang, J.-Y., Kao, C.-F., Lin, K.-L., and Chang, J.-G. (2002) The correlation between CpG methylation on promoter and protein expression of E-cadherin in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Anticancer Res., 22, 3971-3975.
6. Chen ST, Chen JC, (co-first authorship) Hou MF, Yeh KT, Lee TP, Chen CM, Shih MC, Chang JG. 2003. Sulfotransferase 1A1 is a risk factor for breast cancer in young women. Mid Taiwan Journal of Medicine 8: 56-65.
7. Yeh KT, Chen JC, (co-first authorship) Chen CM, Wang YF, Lee TP, Chang JG. 2003. CYP3A5*1 is an inhibitory factor for lung cancer in Taiwanese. Kaohsiung Journal of Medical Science. 19(5): 201-207.
8. Peng, C.-T., Chen, J.-C., Yeh, K.-T., Wang, Y.-F., Hou, M.-F., Lee, T.-P., Shih, M.-C., Chang, J.-Y. and Chang, J.-G. (2003). The relationship among the polymorphisms of SULT1A1, 1A2 and different types of cancers in Taiwanese. Int. J. Mol. Med., 11, 85-89.
9. Yeh, K.-T-, Chang J.-G., Lin, T.-H., Wang, Y.-F-, Tien, N., Chang, J.-Y., Chen, J.-C., and Shih, M.-C. (2003) Epigenetic changes of tumor suppressor genes, P15, P16, VHL and P53 in oral cancer. Oncol Rep., 10, 659-663.
10. Chan, T.-F., Su, T.-H., Yeh, K.-T., Chang, J.-Y., Lin, T.-H., Chen, J.-C., Yuang, S.-S., Chang, J.-G. (2003). Mutational, epigenetic and expressional analyses of caveolin-1 gene in cervical cancers. Int. J. Oncol., 23, 599-604.
11. Su, T.-H., Chang, J.-G., Yeh, K.-T., Lin, T.-H., Lee, T.-P., Chen, J.-C., Lin, C.-C. (2003). Mutation analysis of CTNNB1 (beta-catenin) and AXIN1, the components of Wnt pathway, in cervical carcinomas. Oncol Rep., 10, 1195-1200.
12. Chen, J.-C.,. Flanagan, J.J. (co-first authorship), Miao, Y., Shao, Y., Lin, J, Bock, P. E and Johnson, A.E. (2003). SRP binds to ribosome-bound signal sequences with fluorescence-detected subnanomolar affinity that does not diminish as the nascent chain lengthens. J. Biol. Chem., 278, 18628-18637.
13. Shih MC, Peck K, Chan WL, Chu YP, Chen J.-C, Tsai CH, Chang JG.SARS-CoV infection was from at least two origins in the Taiwan area. Intervirology. 2005, 48, 124-132.
14. Yeh KT, Yang MY, Liu TC, Chen J-C, Chan WL, Lin SF, Chang JG. Abnormal expression of period 1 (PER1) in endometrial carcinoma. J Pathol. 2005, 206, 111-20.
15. Chien-Han Chen; Tsung-Hao Hu; Tzu-Chiao Huang; Ying-Lan Chen; Yet-Ran Chen; Chien-Chung Cheng*; Chao-Tsen Chen* ”Delineation of G-Quadruplex Alkylation Sites Mediated by 3,6-Bis(1-methyl-4- vinylpyridinium iodide)carbazole-Aniline Mustard Conjugates” Chemistry - A European Journal, 2015, 21(48), 17379-17390, 11/23, DOI 10.1002/chem.201502595 (IF 5. 731)
16.Deyue Yan*, Lin-Kai Ni, Ho-Lun Chen, Li-Chou Chen, Yau-Hung Chen,* Chien-Chung Cheng* “Amphiphilic Nanoparticles of Resveratrol-Norcantharidin to Enhance the Toxicity in Zebrafish Embryo”, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters (BMCL), 2016, 26(3), 774-777 (IF 2.420). DOI:10.1016/j.bmcl.2015.12.099.
七、研究計畫：1. 蛋白質移位至內質網膜的反應機制之研究 (NSC94-2311-B-039-001)
2. A study of protein translocation into ER membranes (CMU-93-TH-009: $150,000)
3. 以螢光偵測信號認定分子(SRP)與信息序列以及腺核酐磷酸間的作用 (NSC-92-2311-B-039-001)
4. 治療嚴重型急性呼吸道症候群中草藥之開發-（子計畫五）預防SARS病毒感染之中草藥的篩選 (NSC92-2751-B-039-007-Y)
5. CYP3A5的多形性與癌症的關係(The relationship between CYP3A5 polymorphism and cancer risk) (DMR-92-088)
6. 肝癌細胞中的腫瘤基因之甲基化研究 (DMR-91-120)