To cultivate participant’s international vision and assist international participants to adapt Chinese society, this summit will evoke the sense of global citizenship, discuss significant international issues and formulate a vision of world peace.
DATES: August 22nd - 25th (Saturday-Tuesday),2009
LOCATION: Will be announced on the website.
(1) Discussing global issues: to probe the urgent issues in the world
(2) International conferences: General Assembly debate and voting
(3) International competition: to simulate diplomacy, bilateral talks
(4) Participation: 50% of each Taiwanese and international participants
(5) Cultural Festival: featuring multi-cultural performances
(6) Visits: Presidential Palace, MOFA or issue related organizations
World Leadership Education Foundation
Tel: +886-3-668-7670(9:00AM～6:00PM) Fax: +886-3-578-5364
Address: (30073) No. 156. Min-Siang St, Hsinchu City, Taiwan
◆ 72 youths of Taiwanese nationality, between 18-30 years old.
◆ 72 youths of international nationalities, between 18-35 years old.
(2) Deadline: Taiwanese participants: May 15th
(3) Official Website: http://www.wlef.org/globalsummit/
Online Registration: http://www.wlef.org/reg/globalsummit/
(4) Admission Requirement:
A. Taiwanese participants:
A preliminary English capacity test will be held and 72 participants will be selected in accordance with their understanding and communication abilities on international issues, with additional 10 chosen to be on the waiting list.
Dates of workshop: May 31st, July 18 th, August 9 th (All Sunday)
(The location and agenda of workshops will be announced on the website.)
Note: The selected 72 participants are strongly suggested to attend the three workshops. Those who are on the waiting list may fill the vacancy if one opens up. Therefore, they are also recommended to attend the workshops.
B. International participants:
72 participants will be selected in accordance with their distinguished interests like in volunteering jobs, international affairs, global issues and other special experiences, with additional 10 chosen to be on the waiting list.
(5) Date of preliminary Results:
The registration fee payment notice will be announced and sent to the participants.
A. Taiwanese participants: on May 23 rd
B. International participants: on July 15 th